Remote Front-End Developer
We’re in search of a Freelance or Remote Front-End Developer to join our team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly assist and be a part of developing our Custom large-scale Web Solutions and performing maintenance on smaller marketing medium-scale websites. The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of professional experience.
In this Role, You will:
You will assist in the production of high-quality and innovative custom in-house large scale to medium scale websites. This will include: designing new features, optimizing and maintaining live websites and specific modules, creating landing pages, maintaining micro-sites, creating blogs, writing code, reviewing code, solving problems, tracking down bugs and delivering stable and well written solutions.
You will also work closely with the Marketing team and graphic designers to ensure consistent and accurate style representation through all forms of digital media for our brand/s. The Front end-developer should have a keen eye for design and functionality, good coding skills, and is knowledgeable about current web standards, including best practices for usability and accessibility.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A degree in IT or the equivalent plus 3+ years’ work experience working on software development
- Experience with Model-View-Controller (MVC) development patterns such as PHP Frameworks like Laravel, Codeigniter, etc…
- WordPress is a must – WordPress Experience:
- Experience developing custom websites on WordPress
- Proficient PHP developer for custom theme or plugin development
- Keen eye for design and attention to detail with experience designing websites and/or designing for other digital mediums.
- Understanding of SEO principles and applying best practices during site builds
- Writing clean PHP code that is easy to read and to maintain.
- Strong Analytical organizational communication and people skills required
- Solving performance problems and troubleshooting back-end and front-end issues.
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment is considered an asset
- Team player whilst also holding the ability to work independently
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience providing cross-browser tested, optimized web sites
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build dynamic and engaging websites, web pages, micro sites, advertising landing pages, and email templates.
- Do functional requirements analysis, design and develop new features
- Enhance and optimize existing web pages and add layers of editability within our large-scale Custom Platform/s.
- Write high quality code and documentation
- Work closely with other developers, QA and the marketing team
- Monitor reports for bugs and new features and make adjustments to improve the site
- Apply analytical skills and be committed to quality
- Help track requests, issues, work progress and general changes to our platform and make adjustments to improve the site.
- Be sensitive to the performance, reliability and maintainability of your code
- Understanding client requirements and product specifications to provide solutions
- Serve as an active member of the marketing web strategy team, contributing ideas and expertise to completing priority web projects.
- Test, deploy and maintain applications to ensure requirements are met
- Enhance browser compatibility, search optimization, mobile device accessibility, responsive design and Mobile-First Web Design.
- Constantly curious to learn more about web technologies and self motivated to continually be working to grow as a developer.
Sound like the job for you?
Attach your CV and send us a link to your portfolio to become part of our talent pool.